Are you looking for a list of things to do in Nashville, TN with kids? Well, look no further. Our list is comprehensive and hopefully has something you can do with your kids either outdoors, or indoors! And, if you happen to have an idea for something we’ve missed, get in touch and we’ll add it to our list if it’s appropriate.
- Take the kids to the Adventure Science Center which has activities for ages 3-5 and older.
- The Frist Center for the Visual Arts has a Kids Club designed for ages 5 through 10 that fills up fast. They also have a Martin ArtQuest Gallery for all ages to enjoy. Admission is free for children under the age of 18.
- The Nashville Public Library has an interactive documentary called Be Part of Our Story! They also have a puppet show a couple of times a month (free).
- Go zip lining at Adventureworks or Treetop Adventure Park in Nashville.
- If it’s a rainy day, check out the Nashville Children’s Theatre which TIME magazine says is one of the top five in the U.S.
- The Nashville Zoo is always a favorite with the kids.
- The gardens and museum of art are good indoor activities at Cheekwood Botanical Garden.
- If your kids are older, they may be interested in the Johnny Cash Museum now open in Music City!
- The Country Music Hall of Fame is a musical museum unlike any other. Explore music through the last two centuries.
- Visit an authentic plantation in Nashville! The Belle Meade Plantation boasts 250 acres of sights to see and things to do for the entire family.
- For the history buffs, the Battle of Nashville Tour of Historic Homes offers a tour of three historic sites for only $30.
- The Parthenon was built to-scale in Nashville in 1897 for an expo. It has an art museum inside.
Just a few notes about the Nashville Children’s Theatre: It has been around a long time! Since 1931, to be exact. Since that time, it has undergone many transformations and that’s what has made it the oldest theatre company in the U.S.
25 Middleton St.
Nashville, TN 37210
You would be wise to check their web site for a list of shows and events. You can buy tickets online or at the box office.